Yin Yang Yoga Teacher Training
At Yoga Body Works, we've developed a comprehensive 200 hour yoga teacher training methodology that will empower you with the skills and qualifications to teach two of the fastest-growing styles of yoga in the world - Yin Yoga and Power Vinyasa Yoga.
World-class facilitators and a well-rounded curriculum will provide you with a solid foundation in yogic science and philosophy and prepare you to teach with confidence, authenticity and power.
The Yoga Body Works Methodology™ will propel you into a new and powerful way of being that will deepen your personal practice and enable you to share yoga through skilful teaching.
The next Yoga Alliance (Australia) accredited 200h Yoga Teacher Training program begins Feb. 8th 2018.
Call 02 4929 6791 or email email@example.com to request an application form.
The Yoga Body Works Methodology™ achieves real results in a short amount of time. You being teaching on Day 1 and will be amazed at how quickly you develop strong and concrete skills.
Yoga Body Works Teacher Training runs over four days a month for four months. The course requirements are as follows:
- 100% attendance at our 6am - 6pm intensives in the studio.
- INTENSIVE 1: Thurs February 8th to Sun February 11th
- INTENSIVE 2: Thurs March 8th to Sun March 11th
- INTENSIVE 3: Thurs April 5th to Sun April 8th
- INTENSIVE 4: Thurs May 3rd to Sun May 6th
- Completion of both written and practical assessments.
All students will be offered the opportunity to practice teaching in the studio.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a 200 Hr full accreditation from Yoga Alliance (Australia).
This qualification will enable you to:
- Become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) through Yoga Alliance (Australia).
- Obtain Provisional Membership with the Yoga Teachers Association of Australia (YTAA).
- Obtain insurance covering you for yoga teaching (following registration with either of the above organisations).
- Obtain a full membership with YTAA once you complete another 150 hours of certified training (within the next three years).
During the course you will learn about:
- Fundamental Power Yoga Sequence
- In-depth study of classic yoga poses
- Study of Yin Yoga poses
- Variations and modifications
- Alignment and lines of energy
- Sanskrit names of poses
Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomy for yoga teachers
- Anatomical overview of asanas (yoga poses)
- The Art of Alignment
- Study of key muscles and the skeleton
- Study of the body's nervous, endocrine and digestive systems
- Injury prevention and contraindications
- Common injury presentations and ways to modify
- Bandha mechanics
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Literary review of the Sutras and the Bhagvad Gita (incl. gunas)
- Yogic Physiology (chakras, nadis, koshas, prana)
- Yoga for the Energetic Body
- Methods of Meditation
- Methods of Pranayama
- Introduction to Ayurveda
Teaching Methodologies & Techniques
- Sequencing for Power Yoga
- The poses of Yin yoga and sequencing informed by target areas and meridians
- Intensive asana practice
- Principles of practice and teaching
- Guidelines for verbal cues and instruction
- Your voice as a teacher
- Extensive practice workshops
- Observe, receive and give feedback
- Physical and verbal assisting
- Teaching groups and one-on-one
- Practical evaluations and assignments
Texts you will need
(The Following Books are required and are available for purchase through the studio)
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste, Simon and Schuster, 2001
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark, White Cloud, 2012
- YogaBodyWorks Teacher Training Manual (Supplied)
- 100% attendance
- Completion of all written and practical assessments
The cost can be broken down into instalments. Get in touch to discuss options at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund and cancellation policy
- Cancellation more than one month prior, full refund less the $80 application fee
- Cancellation less than one month, but more than 2 weeks prior: 50% refund, less $80 application fee
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior - no refund.
- Unforeseen circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.